Activated charcoal is a highly absorbent substance. Eliminates toxins when they adhere to the surface of the coal. It is not absorbed by the body, but passes through the gastrointestinal system, so the chemicals and toxins adhere to it, pass through the body and are expelled by the digestive system.
Activated charcoal is extremely effective in removing toxins from household chemicals, medications that are ingested, and other toxins from the body, especially when taken within 30 minutes of ingestion.
For this reason, it is a great first treatment for any type of poisoning, but they should not be taken within several hours of the medications. It is externally effective as a poultice on insect bites and spiders. In bite by spider, and alternate applications of activated charcoal, Baking soda and banana powder, can completely reverse the sting. Also the material used in gas masks and water filters to eliminate toxins.
How to use it on teeth?
Activated charcoal can actually be useful in changing the pH and health of the mouth, and, as such, is effective in preventing cavities and killing harmful bacteria present in dental caries and gingivitis
Instructions for use on teeth
– Wet a clean, moist toothbrush with charcoal powder
– Lean over the container or coal and quickly put the charcoal to the toothbrush in the mouth (this is to protect the sink / sink).
– Brush in small circles and soft for 2 minutes, spit and rinse carefully very well. Your mouth will feel incredibly clean. Use as many times as necessary.
Where to get activated charcoal?
Most health food stores sell activated charcoal loose or in capsules. Have the two forms powder and encapsulated at hand in case it is necessary by poisoning and use the powder in a small glass jar to brush your teeth.
Make sure the charcoal comes from wood or coconut sources and not from petroleum.
If you have to take charcoal, make sure you drink plenty of water, as it can cause dehydration if taken in large doses.
– You should not use this product if you have ever had an allergic reaction.
– If possible, before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs, or if you have: liver disease, kidney disease, or have any type of serious illness.
– If you suffer from any of these conditions, you may need to modify your dose or have special tests so that you can use this medicine safely.
– Do not give this medicine to children under 1 years of age without the doctor’s approval.