How to put a child to sleep – learn to put a baby to sleep.
In some cases, it would seem, the most usual action – to put the child to sleep becomes more and more difficult.
There are many causes of a child’s sleep disturbance; it can be a turning point in its development, physical discomfort (when a child has teeth cut or a stomach ache). But there are more serious cases of violations; it is intracranial pressure or ICP briefly. We will help with tips on how to put a child to sleep without any extra effort.
Effective ways to put a baby to sleep
If you notice a sleep disorder and you can’t put a child to sleep at all, you should contact your neurologist or pediatrician for help. If there is no reason to worry too much, you can try one of the proven methods. So that your child’s peaceful sleep becomes a real reward for you.
- Rocking baby. This is the most effective way to help you sleep a child. You can rock the baby in your arms, in the cradle, cot or sling. This method is most suitable for the youngest children, as it reminds them of the time when they were in the tummy of their mother. In this case, the child falls asleep very quickly, because next to him is his mother, he feels the warmth of her body, the heartbeat, and a quiet wiggle on his hands adjusts the child to sleep.
But this method has one serious disadvantage, you need to have a lot of patience because you need to rock the child all the time until he completely falls asleep, and this can take a very long time.
- Joint sleep with a child. Some mothers practice sleeping together with their baby, as this is one of the main answers to the question of how to put a child to sleep. Feeling the smell of his mother, the child quickly falls asleep, and the mother will not get up to feed him. It may seem that this method is ideal, but this is not at all the case since the father of the family suffers from it. He usually sleeps on a separate bed, and even his mother is not very comfortable to sleep when she rolls over, the child can also wake up from this.
- This is the most effective way to quickly put a baby to sleep – and the main thing in this method is consistency. Every day, you must adhere to certain actions that precede a peaceful sleep. For example, you should buy a baby, feed him and put him to bed at the same time. As it turned out, children’s sleep also gives in to a certain schedule. Only all these actions you must perform every day, without days off and breaks, only in this case you will achieve a stable result, and your baby will get used to falling asleep at the same time.
But in this way there is one drawback: in the hectic life, not every mommy can precisely follow such a strict schedule, and you will achieve a positive result only in a few months.
- For the most persistent and good moms help this way to put a baby to sleep. Before you use this effective way, have plenty of patience and soothing drops, in this case, all your patience and calmness will be needed. This method is not suitable for inpatient and too nervous moms. You must wait until your child begins to show the first signs of sleep: he begins to be naughty, rubs his eyes with his hands, and yawn. If he was overexcited, try to calm him down, but do not need to feed him and swing on his hands. Carefully place the baby in his crib and stand next to him.
You can sing a lullaby to him in a quiet and calm voice while swaying the bed a little, but try not to meet his gaze and, in no case, take him in your arms. If your child did not fall asleep after 15 minutes, and he throws you a tantrum, screaming at the whole house, then take him in your arms and calm him down a little and put him in the crib again. Starting to use this method to put a child to sleep, do not drop everything halfway, you will achieve a positive result in about a month.
- Sleeping baby alone. Catch the first signs of your baby falling asleep and immediately put the baby in the crib. When the baby calms down a bit, leave him alone and leave the room. You can immediately hear a strong crying child, but do not immediately rush to him, wait a few minutes if the child cries no more than one minute.
After that, go back to his room, and try to calm him down. Take the child in your arms if he cries heavily for more than five minutes. When he calms down a bit, put him in the cot again and leave the room again. The child does not fall asleep and cries again, so again repeat the same actions. Your baby’s bedding time should not exceed more than one hour.
After six days, you will notice positive results, but still, have plenty of patience and soothing drops. Do not reproach yourself for such severity, so you develop a regime that will only benefit your child.
- Warm bath. It has a good effect on how fast a baby will sleep in a warm bath with the addition of special soothing herbs. Notice how the child behaves after taking a bath. If, after swimming in the bathroom, your child begins to rub his eyes and soon falls into sleep, then this is just fine. You just have to feed the baby and put him to sleep.
Thinking how to put a baby to sleep? Then our advice to one degree or another will always be at hand.